I have the incredible opportunity to study abroad in New Zealand Winter 2011. It is a program through the education program at BYU. I am THRILLED for all the adventures to come :)

Saturday, January 29, 2011

So Long North Island! Kia Ora South Island!

Tomorrow we are leaving the North Island and flying down to the South Island. Woot woot! We fly into Queenstown, stay until Saturday, and then we'll drive to Christchurch until next Wednesday. I am so excited to explore and travel, not having to worry about anything (school) except for having fun. The thing I am looking forward to the most is BUNGEE JUMPING!! All of the locals we talk to about bungee jumping think we're absolutely crazy for wanting to do it, but I am SO excited. None of us are bringing our computers, meaning I won't be able to blog until I get back. That means that my next blog post is going to EPIC, hopefully full of pictures and fun stories. Get excited :)

Church was lovely today. I loved walking to and from church today because it was a beautiful day and not raining at all like it was last week. They asked us to help out in Primary (teaching the little kids) when we get back from the South Island, so we're all excited about that. I love the little Polynesian kids...they are absolutely adorable. I met a few of them on my run a few days ago: Italy ("like the country!"), Amani, Murti, and Ziffinia. They all go to Colwill Primary School, so I told them to look out for me since I'll be teaching there soon. I am SO excited to finally get into the schools and have that unique experience in education outside of the U.S. It will be so different, and I am ready to learn from it ways to make my future classroom and teaching better.

Here are a few more pictures from our tourist adventure yesterday :)
At Kelly Tarlton's there were penguins up on the wall. Apparently we thought it would be fun to be the penguins :)
This one is Toddy.
This one is Melody. Belt it, Christine!
This one is Dynamo. This picture doesn't capture it, but my feet really did get as high as his ;)
Jess and I successfully completed the Polar Plunge. We had to dunk our arm into those buckets of ice water for 30 seconds. It doesn't sound that bad, but it was so cold that 30 seconds was actually quite painful. But, we did it! Champions!
And this was just in front of the Museum. I thought the antique color option fit the picture well :)




1 comment:

  1. Hey Heidi! We have been missing your updates! We look forward to hearing from you soon! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete