I have the incredible opportunity to study abroad in New Zealand Winter 2011. It is a program through the education program at BYU. I am THRILLED for all the adventures to come :)

Sunday, February 20, 2011

MULU!

I love Sundays. I think of my family often, but I think of them most often on Sundays. It is great because usually I am able to skype them and still "see" them, even though I am halfway around the world. Technology sure is amazing! This isn't the best picture of us, but for some reason it was the only one I could find on my computer today. So, today on this Sunday, I just wanted Mom, Dad, Daniel, Spencer, and Anna to know how much I miss and love them. MULU! (this is my new phrase I made up to mean Miss U Love U!)

Anna and I were asked to speak in church today. I know that some people dread it, but for some reason I really don't mind it. I especially enjoyed it because it gave me the opportunity to talk to and get to know more people afterward. One family even invited us over for dinner and family night tomorrow night!

One of the best things about today: We made a new friend! It's been hard getting to know people because 1) a lot of people look at us as "just some more BYU girls that will be gone in a couple months" and 2) we lack adequate means of communication and transportation. Today, however, some of the YSA at church set up a ride for us to go to a Musical Fireside tonight. Doron came and picked the four of us up and we ended up having quite an entertaining drive to and from the fireside with him. He is an interesting guy--spray painted car, works as a manager of a store called "Just Jeans," wears snakeskin cowboy boots--but he was so friendly, absolutely hilarious, and is going to make a great friend for us four Colwill girls. woot woot!

This picture has nothing to do with today, except that I found it as I was looking through some of my pictures and I think it is beautiful. I wish I could take credit for it, but Anna was the one who took it in Queenstown. Props to Anna! I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment