I have the incredible opportunity to study abroad in New Zealand Winter 2011. It is a program through the education program at BYU. I am THRILLED for all the adventures to come :)

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

You're So Cool

Being with my Colwill kids is such a confidence boost. Everywhere I walk the kids are always complimenting me, trying to get my attention. It's the most ridiculous in my class because if one person says one thing, then everybody else tries to one up the others saying silly things they they really like my pretty black pants. Ha. Makes me laugh. Today, cute little Sefa said, "Miss Burnett, you're so cool. And you're house is so cool, too!" I responded by telling him that I thought he was really cool, too. When I didn't keep going he said, "And my house, too???" When I assured him that I bet his house was cool, he invited me to come visit it because I really needed to see his cool house. I wish everyone could just hear him talk because then you could see why I think this is so cute!

Anna has had SO many cute moments with her students. I have asked her permission to share some, because they are so funny.
  • During show and tell:
    • Ana: This is my pterodactyl. Pterodactyls were around ages and ages ago. They are really old. Does anyone have any questions?
    • Levi: Ummmmm, actually they around during the 80s, not the 50s.
  • Levi: Did you know they have real baby dragonflies? They only breathe a little bit of fire. But in Australia they have big as dragonflies that breathe heaps and heaps of fire. That’s why I moved to New Zealand.
  • Another show and tell:
    • Benjamin: Good morning Room 21.
    • Class: Good morning, Benjamin. (this greeting actually happens ALL the time everywhere you go because it is "good oral language practice". It’s either “Good morning, Miss Burnett,” or “Kia Ora, Miss Burnett,” or “Good afternoon, Miss Burnett.” So polite, eh?)
    • Benjamin: This is my hankie. You go like this. (he proceeds to blow his nose real loud.) Any questions??
  • An overheard conversation:
    • Levi: I had electric shock one time.
    • Benjamin: Did you die?
    • Levi: No, it just hurt.
  • Anna read a book called "When Henry Had Imaginitis" and when she asked if anyone knew what "imagination" was, Levi raised his hand, took a deep breath and said: Katy Perry once said, "If you live within your imagination, you will get everything you want."
  • Ana: You can't ever see the Easter Bunny, eh?
    Levi: No, you can't. You have to stay asleep or God will come down and growl at you. You can't see God cause he's in the sky...I saw a picture of God once, so that means he's real.
You can obviously tell from these that this Levi is quite a character :) It reminds me of that Bill Cosby show, "Kids Say the Darndest Things." I think Levi could be the next big star!

No comments:

Post a Comment